Subject: Re: 40 Hour Week (Was Student Pricing)
From: Sean Moyer <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 13:46:26 -0700

> >I work 40 hours a week to meet my responsabilities. I am on salary
> >so I don't get overtime. 

> Hmm, I'm a salaried employee as well but 40 hours per week? Must be nice. Do
> you work in the computer/technology industry? ("the nice thing about friday is
> that there are only two more working day's till monday..")

This may be off topic,  but I think worth comment.  I am all to aware that people 
(including myself) who work in this industry suffer from the myth that all people who 
jockey computers for a living will (almost) willingly work outrageous hours to meet 
impossible deadlines.

Phoey.

I am willing to work long hours toward the end of a project to make that final push, 
but quite frankly, my life is my own and there is a certain portion of it that just 
isn't for sale.  If someone needs you to consistently work 65 hour weeks,  the need 
to hire more animators.

I would hate to look back on my life when I'm 80 and realize that I spent most of it 
staring at a monitor (now matter how much fun it can be...).
-- 

Sean Moyer
Chedd-Angier Production Company
Watertown, MA

No Pithy Quote,  No ASCII Art.